FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS > STC Applicability > Q: My airplane is not US registered. May I still incorporate your STC?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Q:  My airplane is not US registered.  May I still incorporate your STC?

A:  Yes and no.  Many countries have reciprocal airworthiness agreements with the United States that allow an FAA issued STC to be accepted by the foreign airworthiness authorities without further showing. New Zealand and Australia are two examples.  In many cases, depending on the complexity of the STC (this one is rather straightforward), certification authorities have just "accepted" the FAA STC on its face.

Generally, however, the process is becoming more formalized. The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for example, works closely with FAA to "validate" US STCs for Europe. EASA has now issued STC 10026913 which may be incorporated in all of the European Union (EU) countries, as well as non-EU EASA associate member countries (e.g., Switzerland and Norway).

Transport Canada has also accepted our STC for all Canadian registered 182P/182Q airplanes.

In other cases, it is suggested that you contact your National or Civil Aviation Authority (NAA or CAA) to determine what needs to be done in order to incorporate our STC. 

We will announce completed validations as they occur in the "NEWSROOM" section of the website.