FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS > Incorporating the STC > Q: Who is an "authorized person"?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Q:  Who is an "authorized person"?

A:  In the US, the holder of a mechanic certificate with an inspection authorization (an IA), a certificated FAA repair station or maintenance organization, an FAA Designee, or an FAA Flight Standards Inspector.  In other countries, often a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), EASA Part 66 licensed AME, or repair station authorized to issue Certificates of Return to Service (CRS).